3DCoat Forums

Some Quick Suggestions

Digital777

• Advanced Member

Heres a few things that i think would be useful -

Shaders - Tick by currently selected to make it easy to see which one is in use

Shaders - After changing shader Ctrl+Z to go back to last used, seems to do something else atm

Shaders - Basic mini preview before choosing one (on a sphere etc)

Menus - Set/change reaction time, menus can pop up too fast imo so it would be useful if we could set it to a longer hover over time before the menu pops up

Thanks

• Advanced Member

Shaders - The option to turn use last shader on/off with it being set to off by default for a new session.

I suggest this because if you edit the script of one it can create a infinite loop and crash everytime you enter Volumetric sculpting. The crash keeps repeating and you have to manually close 3DCoat in task manager. To fix it you have to manually locate the temp file (last used shader) and delete it.

Shaders - Tick by currently selected to make it easy to see which one is in use

I was just thinking about this yesterday because I was (and still am) doing some retopo work and I noted how the menu has a little dot that appears next to the tool that you're currently using. So, I'm no coder, but it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to just copy that same menu style over to the shaders menu.