3DCoat Forums
  1. General

1. Announcements

This area contains official announcements from the Pilgway team

3. New Releases, Bugs Reports & Development Discussion

This is a section of the forum specifically for final and beta releases and discussing new developments. Also to report any new bug found.

1. General 3DCoat

Discussions related to 3DCoat, and also share ideas for improving the program.

This subforum covers some typical workflows in 3DCoat, and how they involved the different workspaces/toolsets in the application.

SDK, scripts & plugins development. If you want to create or share custom scripts & plugin(s) for 3DCoat, you can find the information here to do so.

4. SOS! If you need urgent help for 3DCoat

Any urgent matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

1. CG & Hardware Discussion

CG meeting area. General Discussion, News, films, games discussions, etc.

Have a Brush, Stencils, Smart Materials, Shaders, Extension, etc. you'd like to share ?
      Post it here !

1. 275

• Dear @Carlosan Thank you for the reply.  I missed the Apply command, that´s why id didn´t work on my side. So I followed your workflow. Go to Modeling room, Mesh - import (OBJ file), AutoMap, Bake (update Painting mesh with Retopo Mesh) When you return to Painting room, there are already some fractals, you have to zoom in to see them. These fractals are even there if all layers are disabled. The second problem as shown in my picture 1 is not happening when I use your workflow up to this point. BUT: after texturing a little bit in Painting room, returning to Modeling room, deleting a single face, doing an Unwrap from Mesh - Unwrap then Bake and returning to Painting room, look what happens, in the attached picture 3. The internal layer 0 is completely distorted. (I did not touch, I know it´s for internal use only) Best regards Walter PS: Sorry for the wrong normals in the collada file. I use the OBJ file normally and there are no wrong normals in it.
    • using version 2024.18 On Retopo Room, I imported the model using Mesh > Import Then on Tool options, I press Apply to keep the model  Marked seams without any trouble Also I used autoseams to perform a fast test UV preview looks ok sidenote: some faces have inverted normals, that faces will not be imported into 3DC, you need to fix it externally before import it 
    • I am testing version 2024.18 but I cannot reproduce this error. Have you tried with another object?
    • Bake in marmoset. 3Dcoat is very complicated to set up and get desired result 
    • I tried to mark seams, but didn´t work. I´m not using layer 0. I know it´s internally used. The problem is caused by layer 0. Attached is the collada / obj file for your check. Kasse.dae Kasse.obj
    • did you marked seams before unwrap ? please share the model to take a look dont use layer0, it is used internally by 3dc for some process
    • Hi @Carlosan Thank you for the reply. I tried to import a Collada file as well as an OBJ file to "Modeling room" and to unwrap, but this doesn´t work. The file was imported by "Mesh" - Import. After import I can see the model, when I press Unwrap, nothing happens. I can use the Unwrap command in the left bar or from the pull down menu under "Mesh", nothing happens. According to my first description, I think the problem only occurs after I try to alter the mesh in "Modeling room", then bake and return to "Painting room". I think in "Modeling room" the layer 0 is not updated after the mesh is altered. Best regards Walter
    • OBJ をインポートしてサーフェスでボクセル化すると、法線が反転します。 これは表面段階では問題になりません。 ボクセル化の段階で逆転します。どうしたらいいでしょう。
    • Should I learn all those softwares?  yes, if you like to work with industry standards Or can I make all this in 3D coat with professional quality and efficiency? yes, if you like to work as solo developer there is no single tool that does everything
    • Try importing the model to 3DCoat on Modeling room and unwrap on modeling room, not UV room. Then bake to Paint room Do you find any issues ?
    • Hi My OS is Windows 10 Home, 32 GB of memory SSD harddisk 1 TB, 50% free. 3DCoat version 2024.17 I´m working mainly with low poly models, created in Sketchup 2017. In 3DCoat I work mainly in the "Painting room", UV room and Modeling room. After importing the model to 3DCoat, I unwrap in UV room. Switching back to "Painting room" works flawlessly. After I switch to "Modeling Room", I take mesh from "Painting room", that works fine, too. However, if I apply even the smallest change to the mesh in "Modeling Room", like adding a line or a single face, then bake it and switch back to "Painting room" the following problem happens. It also happens if I also switch to UV room, do an additional Unwrap and Pack UV2 and then switch to "Painting room".  The problem: In "Painting room" the problems are obvious as shown in the attached pictures. Layer 0 has a problem, the automated background layer is distorted.  If I disable all layers, there are still some artefacts that can be seen. These artefacts can´t be deleted, overpainted or edited in any way. This may seem to be no problem, because the textured layers are over Layer 0, but the artefacts are always visible on the top. Maybe someone has a solution for this or a similar problem. I think this is a bug because it happens constantly with many of my models. Thank you for any help. Best regards Walter PS: I hope I´m in the correct forum because my problem is relevant to "Painting room" and "Modeling Room"
    • I wasn't using Autopo, but Instant Mesh(auto) instead. So there was nothing to do with AutopoParams.
    • My set Exported textures on Blender hmmm... something it is not working as expected...  <--- performing more test sidenote: could you please share your AutopoParams settings ? (thanks in advance)