3DCoat Forums

Apply Symmetry for Curves

philnolan3d

I mentioned this in the 3.1 updates thread, but I thought I'd post it here so it doesn't get lost.

I made up a nice "base mesh" character with the new Curves, but it's symmetrical. It would be great if I could mirror the arm and leg points over to the other side so that I could use this rig to place him in a more interesting pose.

2009-09-13_1821.png

• Advanced Member
I mentioned this in the 3.1 updates thread, but I thought I'd post it here so it doesn't get lost.

I made up a nice "base mesh" character with the new Curves, but it's symmetrical. It would be great if I could mirror the arm and leg points over to the other size so that I could use this rig to place him in a more interesting pose.

2009-09-13_1821.png

Glad you put this in its own thread. I'd like to add to it if that's ok. I've had a few wish list items pop up for curves as well since digging into them more.

Multiple selection of points - someone brought this up already. Would be great if you could select more than one point at a time for manipulation either by shift clicking or lasso. Aside from being able to transform them together it would be great for being able to copy and paste items. Example: create 3 finger joints, then just select all 3 and copy paste them where you want.

Merging from an external curve file. Great for storing partial rigs and putting them together as needed. I always wanted to be able to do this with zspheres. Build a hand once, reuse it forever.

It might also be able to copy/paste the length of a curve segment from one to another... say you'd select 2 points and click a 'copy length' button, then select the 2 target points and choose 'paste length' This could be good for keeping curve rigs symmetrical in proportion even while posing them asymmetrically.

I'm going to ask for this again just for clarity, but I'd really like to be able to have a checkbox to disable the manipulator in curve mode 100% It happens too often that I select a point and that thing pops up.

Other than that the curve tool is awesome and I'm having a blast with it.

Yes it's fine to add to my post. BTW Earlier I complained about the size of the sphere not changing with the gizmo scaling. After tweaking the above rig for a while today I decided I like it the way it is. The way it is I can decide how much of the sphere I want to see.