3DCoat Forums

New Ideas for Voxel Brushes

DRAWINGTANK

Below are som suggestion for new voxel brushes that could dramatically speed up the creation process by adding complex " detail " with a simple brush stroke !

FX. Brushes:

Burn Effect

Wind

Erosion

Decay

Explosion

Rain

Gravity

Battle Damage

PS: if you guys also have some new Ideas for Voxel brushes please post it here !

Thank you again for taking the time :good:

• Advanced Member

Below are som suggestion for new voxel brushes that could dramatically speed up the creation process by adding complex " detail " with a simple brush stroke !

FX. Brushes:

Burn Effect

Wind

Erosion

Decay

Explosion

Rain

Gravity

Battle Damage

PS: if you guys also have some new Ideas for Voxel brushes please post it here !

Thank you again for taking the time :good:

I think it's interesting, the idea of having "effect" brushes... but rather than asking the developer to build these brushes... what I'd like to see, is a brush looks tool with a general brush...

what I mean is...

All brushes can do anything any other brush can do - slide along surface / normal / screen space, etc.. grow along original normal, grow along changing normal, soften after effect, and all that with modulation based on alpha...

Then we would have a "brush designer" dialog - with a sample stroke across a sample sphere, when you change the brush parameters, the sample updates in real time. In addition, to keep it from missing the 'features" allow the one stroke to be made by the user... just a single stroke, or two, but - that way, you can re-stroke with pressure sensitivity, offset etc... then adjust all the parameters so that stroke looks the way you want it. THEN a save, and save_as button to create a new brush. The icon - (if you have icons for brushes) would match the "sample"

of course I just described a lot of how zBrush shows their brushes - but... at that is one part of zBrush which is really good, regarding the UI.

just a few thoughts on the subject.. brush designer - with visual feedback... would be awesome.

good idea.

What if We had a ( Copy Brush ) that could be used to extract voxels from the Ref. Mesh still in poly mode

So in actuality you would just use the brush to extract the areas that you need from the poly model instead of having to merge a huge model needing lots of resolution and thus

causing 3dc to crash

this would be HUGE for me !

• Advanced Member

What if We had a ( Copy Brush ) that could be used to extract voxels from the Ref. Mesh still in poly mode

So in actuality you would just use the brush to extract the areas that you need from the poly model instead of having to merge a huge model needing lots of resolution and thus

causing 3dc to crash

this would be HUGE for me !

Unify the work space

Make copying to and from any object to any other....

color, depth etc... paint-bake from voxels and displaced surfaces, and retopo to any surface...

copy voxels from ANY surface.

If it is too difficult, fine... I can accept that, but no one can tell me this would be a bad thing (copy from anything to anything else... should be a good thing... no question)

• Advanced Member

Nice ideas, I have been thinking these effect type brushes/tools would be great also. I suggested various similar ideas in this thread -

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4306

The main/original idea is good also. These would be great for making buildings and terrain type stuff. Another way they could work is you paint a mask area and then adjust the controls on a panel and preview etc then when ready hit apply and it adds the effect, if these were non destructive (can adjust later or remove effect etc) that would be better yet.