3DCoat Forums

Brush settings help

b33nine

• Advanced Member

Is there a way to have brush settings not apply universally? When I change the falloff to 0% while using the smooth brush, it changes the falloff to 0% on every other brush as well. The same thing happens with the other settings. Did I accidentally turn something on in the settings?

On the same note, why do the settings not have a slider below them so I don't have to jump to the keyboard everytime I want to change on of them? It seems not very conducive to a nice work flow. I would really like to see a slider option available, and if there already is one I'd love to know how to turn it on.

On the same note, why do the settings not have a slider below them so I don't have to jump to the keyboard everytime I want to change on of them? It seems not very conducive to a nice work flow. I would really like to see a slider option available, and if there already is one I'd love to know how to turn it on.

Which settings, the ones along the top bar like Smoothing, Depth, Transparency, etc.? Just click and drag on the text. It's better than a slider because there's no point where it stops, you can just keep going. Like so:

http://screencast.com/t/YTY3NTE5YTA

• Advanced Member

Which settings, the ones along the top bar like Smoothing, Depth, Transparency, etc.? Just click and drag on the text. It's better than a slider because there's no point where it stops, you can just keep going. Liek so:

http://screencast.com/t/YTY3NTE5YTA

I missed the sliders on the text, that's definitely what I was looking for. Any solution to my other problem? It's frustrating to have to constantly move those settings around.

Thanks for the help.

Is there a way to have brush settings not apply universally? When I change the falloff to 0% while using the smooth brush, it changes the falloff to 0% on every other brush as well. The same thing happens with the other settings. Did I accidentally turn something on in the settings?

As I know unfortunately there is no way to set the falloff, transparency etc. settings individually per brush.

You could post this as a feature request into the according thread. But this could only be taken as a maximum value per pen. It is a point which I miss too.

Best wishes

Chris