3DCoat Forums

Ptex - wishes

polyxo

• Advanced Member

1) Option to increase resolution locally but limited to just one Texture-Map. The user currently has no control whether or not additional Maps get created.

2) Automatic optimization of Ptex-Map distribution at export-time. Often times half empty maps get stored, that makes no sense!

3) please give clear feedback in the Ptex-Options-Editor (where on changes resolution). We need something like a progress bar of some indicator that the operation has finished.

4) Also for PTEX it would be good when we got the option to define different Freeze areas or better some kind of indicator-Colour-Painting to signify separate Ptex-Maps/zones

of different density. Zbrush

for creating Polygroups - I believe one could adapt this for Ptex (from Minute 2.30 on).

Alternatively (and surely quicker to implement) it should also be possible to create those Polygroups inside the UV-Room by marking Edges.

Also imported Polygroups which appear in 3DCoat's Object-Stack (e.g. when coming in with the new Zbrush-Applink) should be recognized by PTex and optionally allow for separate

Textures per Polygroup(or Object as called by 3DC). See attached image. The feet of the Rhino are separate Polygroups but Ptex does not care.

post-575-0-11100400-1300799264_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

Good to hear that I am not alone!

@Haikallle - is rephrasing these Wishes in Mantis really required?

I thought this here was the wishlist... If Mantis now is the official (and only) way to add requests one should better close this Sub-Forum

and just leave a Link to Mantis.

• 1 month later...