3DCoat Forums

Transpose Multiple Vox tree layers at the same time!!!

ifxs

For example, bending a character's arm, and having the glove or armor for the hand on another layer also move with the pose tool, yet still keeping both objects as separate layers  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to transform multiple vox tree layers at the same time?

• Advanced Member

I've been exploring how to achieve this accurately in 3DC and have found no viable methods.

Much thanks to AbnRanger for his help trying to search for this feature in 3DC, though it's not to be found by me or others(maybe you know how to do this, if so please share).

Quite Often I need the ability to transform multiple layers at once, say moving the armor on a character along with the underlying body layer in the vox tree using the pose tool. I can list MANY more examples if that one doesn't seem relevant.

Perhaps allowing for selection of multiple vox tree layers to apply a given tool on(pose tool for example), or another ingenious method, whatever gets the job done. This is a feature that I REALLLY need in 3DC, I hope Andrew can add it. :-)

Check the link below to see what I mean, but think of the multiple "sub tools"/objects as separate vox tree layers

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

THanks everyone for taking the time to vote(and comment too)

This one smells like a feature request that many of us might like a bit more than certain other features taking months to implement, along with (of course) transformable(rotate/move) symmetry plane! And multithreading the Vox room(as well as other rooms).

Keep the votes coming!

• 3 weeks later...